How to Turn on and Use AirPlay on Mac? [2023 Updated]
How to Airplay From Mac: Macs that are running macOS Mojave (12), macOS Monterey (12), macOS Big Sur (11) and macOS Catalina (11) are all compatible with the instructions (10.15). (10.14). When you have finished activating AirPlay on your Mac, you will be able to cast content from your Mac to your Apple TV or to any other smart TV that is compatible with AirPlay.
You may be searching for How To Ghost Vape?
How to AirPlay From a Mac to a TV in macOS 12 or macOS 11
Accessing AirPlay on a Mac that is running either Monterey (macOS 12) or Big Sur necessitates going through the Control Center application (macOS 11). You will need a smart TV that is compatible with AirPlay, an Apple TV, or both, and it will need to be linked to the same network as the Mac.
- Choose the Control Center icon located in the menu bar of your Mac.
- Screen Mirroring can be selected from the Control Center menu.
- Choose Apple TV or the name of your smart TV to initiate mirroring the display of your Mac’s screen on your television.
- Simply navigate back to the Screen Mirroring menu and select Display Settings in order to terminate AirPlay.
- On macOS 12, open the System Preferences window and select Display Settings from the menu that appears.
- (The procedure is carried out somewhat differently in macOS 11, as demonstrated below.)
- To terminate AirPlay, pick the Disconnect option in macOS 12. To close this window, use the Done button.
- To turn off AirPlay on macOS 11, open the Screen Mirroring window, click Display Preferences from the menu that appears, and then use the menu that appears next to AirPlay Display to pick Off.
How To Turn on AirPlay in macOS Catalina and Mojave
You can use the menu bar or the Control Center on your Mac running macOS Catalina (10.15) or macOS Mojave (10.14), respectively, in order to activate AirPlay.
- Choose the icon that represents the status of AirPlay.
- Choose either the Apple TV or another TV that is compatible with AirPlay in the AirPlay To section.
- Alternatively, you can access Screen Mirroring by opening Control Center, selecting it, and then selecting the name of your Apple TV or AirPlay-compatible television.
How To Mirror My Mac to My TV in macOS Catalina or Mojave
As soon as you turn on AirPlay on your Mac, the display that you currently have on your computer will automatically be replicated on your television. In order for you to get the most out of your experience, you have the capability of adjusting the mirroring size.
- Once AirPlay has been activated, pick the blue icon that represents the AirPlay status.
- Examine the mirroring choices available from the AirPlay drop-down menu that is located under the AirPlay: TV Name heading.
- As Mirror TV Name is the default setting, the size of the content that is mirrored to your TV will automatically adjust to match the size of the display on your TV.
- Choose Mirror Built-in Display Name from the menu on your Mac to modify the mirroring settings to the built-in display.
- Choose the AirPlay icon and then choose your smart TV from the list of accessible devices if you want to mirror the content from a certain app or video using the AirPlay functionality.
How Do I AirPlay From My Mac to My Smart TV Without Apple TV?
In order to experience screen mirroring or audio casting from your Mac, all you need is a television that is compatible with AirPlay. If your television satisfies the requirements, then all you need is an AirPlay-compatible television. Connecting to an Apple TV is required in order to switch on and use AirPlay, and the steps to do so are precisely the same. Nevertheless, there are a few things you need to keep in mind in order to ensure that you will be able to successfully use AirPlay from your Mac to a smart TV that was not produced by Apple.