How to Add AirPods to Find My iPhone
How To Add AirPods On Your IPhone Find My Phone: One of the most well-known and often used wireless headset options available on the market today is Apple’s AirPods. The tiny earbuds offer an excellent battery life, and noise cancellation, and it is pretty comfortable to wear them for extended periods of time. You might ask if they are compatible with Apple’s services, as you might with the majority of Apple’s products. Locate my iPhone, please.
It is simple to lose one’s AirPods because of their small size and the portability of the device itself. Locating my iPhone is at its most useful in situations like this. Finding your Apple items with the help of the encrypted tracking software is the appropriate solution for the majority of scenarios. Nevertheless, unlike other Apple devices, your AirPods don’t have a direct connection to your Apple ID.
This post will teach you how to connect your AirPods and your iPhone’s Find My iPhone feature, as well as how to track both of those features
Set Up Find My iPhone and Your AirPods
If you haven’t already connected your AirPods to a device that is associated with your iCloud account, you won’t be able to use the Locate My iPhone feature with your wireless headphones. Due to the fact that the AirPods are not connected to iCloud, the configuration process will require the use of a different device. You can accomplish this task with your Apple Mac, iPad, or iPhone. You can use your AirPods with both the Windows and Android operating systems, but if they are not paired with an Apple device, Find My iPhone will not be able to locate them for you.
You will not need to take any additional steps in order to pair your AirPods with Find My iPhone; all you will need to do is pair your AirPods with your Apple device.
The steps to pair your AirPods are as follows:
- Remove the top of the case that contains the AirPods.
- Throughout the setup procedure, you should keep both AirPods in their case (they will not pair if one is missing).
- Turn on your device and navigate to the Bluetooth Settings menu.
- At this point, press and hold the Setup button located on the rear of the case that houses your AirPods until the light located inside the case begins to blink.
- While you are in the Bluetooth settings of your device, tap on the name of the AirPods you are using.
Turn on Find My iPhone
It is in your best interest to check if the Locate My iPhone app is running on the iOS device that is associated with the AirPods you have. Let’s pause here and do a quick check.
Follow these steps to activate Locate My iPhone:
- To get started, launch the app labeled “Settings” on your iPhone.
- Tap on your name, and then tap on iCloud; alternatively, if you are using iOS 10.2 or an earlier version of iOS, you can go straight to iCloud.
- At this point, scroll down until you reach Locate My and choose it.
Locating Your AirPods When They Are Online
Your iPhone will have no trouble locating your AirPods if they are nearby, even if they are buried somewhere like behind the couch. Locate My iPhone will display a map for you on which you will be able to view the location of your iPhone as well as the locations of any other devices that you have associated with your phone.