How to Connect a Sonos Speaker to Your Network
How to Connect to a Sonos Speaker? Adding Sonos speakers to your home is simple, and they will connect to your existing Sonos system instantly. Here’s what you need to know if you just bought a new speaker and want to set it up, or if you’re taking your speakers to a new place with a different Wi-Fi network.
How to connect a Sonos speaker to your network
- Install the Sonos app and sign in with your Sonos account details on your mobile device. The Sonos app may be downloaded on both iOS and Android smartphones.
- Connect your Sonos speaker to an electrical outlet and turn it on.
- Fire up the Sonos app. If you come across the alert “New Sonos product found,” select “Learn more.” If the prompt doesn’t appear, select “Add Product.”
- Just do what it says on the screen. The app will prompt you to connect the speaker when necessary. If you’ve already done this, you may proceed by tapping “Continue” and waiting for the app to locate your speaker over the network.
- Find your speaker in the app, then select “Set up this product.”If you see “Set up Sonos” on your Wi-Fi settings page, click “Continue.”
- Select the wireless network you want to use, then click “Use this network.”
- Key in the network’s security key.
- Click the button labeled “Continue.” Your Wi-Fi network has been successfully associated with the speaker.
What to do if Sonos can’t find your new speaker
If the Sonos app still doesn’t recognize a newly plugged-in speaker, you may need to perform a factory reset. When purchasing an old speaker, this is a common occurrence.